Free Golf to Junior Players at Puakea Golf Course
Puakea Golf Course Begins ‘Kids Play Free’ Campaign in June Puakea Golf Club’s Annual Kids Play Free campaign begins June 1 and will run through Sept. 30, 2011. The campaign allows junior golfers ages 7 to 17 to play the course for free when accompanied by a paying adult (one free junior for each adult). The offer is valid seven days a week and rental clubs are available for junior golfers.
“This is a way for Puakea to support the growth of the game,” said Puakea General Manager Dave Werner. “We offer this program every summer to encourage families to introduce their children to the game and get out and enjoy a healthy activity together.”
Puakea ranked No. 16 on GOLF Magazine’s prestigious “2010 Best Courses You Can Play” by state list. The course resonates with golfers of all ages since its tropical landscape and backdrop served as the set for the hit movie Jurassic Park.
Free Golf to Junior Players at Princeville’s Makai Golf Club
Makai Golf Club Offers Savings to Multi-Round Players and Free Golf to Juniors Players who want to enjoy multiple rounds at Princeville’s Makai Golf Club can now earn substantial savings by purchasing a choice of two special offers.
The “Makai Golf Pass” provides three 18-hole rounds for $420 to be used within seven days of purchase, with additional rounds added for $140 each. The “Makai Golf Week” provides six rounds at $696, to be used within 30 days of purchase. The passes are non-transferable, but are good for rounds on both the 18-hole Makai and the 9-hole Woods course, as well as for merchandise at the Makai Golf Shop.
Makai Golf Club is also continuing its popular “juniors play free” program through 2011. Players ages 6 to 15 can play free when accompanied by a paying adult (one free junior per one paying adult; additional juniors or unaccompanied juniors pay 50% off adult rate). Juniors ages 16 and 17 receive 50% off green fees when accompanied by a paying adult. Juniors can also use complimentary Callaway rental clubs, a $55 value.
The Makai Course, located in the Princeville at Hanalei resort, recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation that featured the introduction of Seashore Paspalum turf grass on all tees, fairways and greens, providing spectacular playing surfaces for golfers of all skill levels.
Kaua’i: Discover Golf’s Ultimate Island Green
Kaua’i offers more than 50 miles of white sand beaches — more beach per mile than any other island in Hawaii. Only four percent of the island is developed for commercial and residential use.
1. Princeville Golf Courses
- 45 holes of golf — the 27-hole Makai Golf Club at The St. Regis Princeville Resort and the 18-hole Prince Golf Course — all designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- The Prince Course (800.826.1105) is rated the No. 1 course in the state and was rated No. 67 in Golf Digest’s “America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses 2009-10.” It is currently undergoing a refurbishment project and will be closed until the fall.
- The Makai Golf Club 808.826.1912 reopened in 2010 after an extensive 15-month renovation and now features the 18-hole Makai Course and the 9-hole Woods Course
- The St. Regis Princeville Resort completed a multi-million-dollar renovation and opened the first week of October 2009
2. Kaua’i Lagoons Golf Club 800.634.6400
- Voted, along with Kaua’i Marriott Resort, one of the “Top 50 Resort Courses” worldwide by GolfWorld magazine in its “2009 Readers’ Choice Awards”
- Currently 18 of the 36 holes designed by Jack Nicklaus are in play, consisting of nine holes from the Kiele Course and nine holes from the Mokihana Course. The Kiele Ocean nine is receiving extensive upgrades, including the addition of one new ocean hole that will create a one-half-mile long stretch of oceanfront golf. Completion of the Kiele Moana (Ocean) nine is scheduled for May 2011
- The front nine holes feature the par-3 fifth green encircled by a tropical Mango and Guava tree forest
3. Poipu Bay Golf Course 800.858.6300
- Along with Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa rated No. 16 in GolfWorld’s “America’s Top 50 Resort Courses, 2009”
- Four closing holes play atop a 150-foot sea cliff
- Home to the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994 through 2006, it has frequently hosted players like Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh and other major champions
- Course re-opened in December following a renovation project, highlighted by the installation of the eco-friendly Seashore Paspalum turf on all greens
4. Puakea Golf Course 866.773.5554
- Consistently rated a favorite among Kaua’i golfers in local media outlets and ranked as the No. 15 course in Hawaii by Golfweek.
- Golf Course Architect Robin Nelson used the natural layout of the land when he planned this layout, testing golfers of all levels and treating them to beautiful views of Mt. Ha’upu and deep lush ravines on several holes.
- Owned by AOL co-Founder Steve Case
What are your favorite things to do in Kauai, Hawaii?
If You Go:
Golfing on the Island of Kauai, Hawaii 800-262-1400.
Follow Kauai Golf on Twitter, and follow Nancy D. Brown on Twitter for all things travel-related.
Photos courtesy of Buffalo Communications