With the lack of seasons here in California it’s really hard to tell that springtime is on its way, but there are a few signs to look for. One is the sudden appearance of the Easter aisle at Target, and the other is the abundance of great springtime travel deals.
An enticing travel deal that is going to be hard to pass up is the Mission Bay Adventure Package being offered by the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina in San Diego. The package – offered through June 30, 2012 – offers a variety of recreational activities for adults and children and was designed to include some of the area’s famous attractions at an affordable price. So even if the springtime weather here feels the same as it did around Christmas, you won’t have anywhere near the amount of bills.
San Diego as a destination is family-friendly
San Diego is a favorite destination for my family and I, and one of the biggest problems is finding the time to fit in everything you want to do. The allure of a hotel package is having your activities arranged and taken care of – it cuts the stress of having to buy attraction tickets on your own, or trying to find an activity for the evening. The first thing about this particular package that caught my eye – they offer activities that keep the teenagers happy, not just the diaper and sippy cup set. Here are a few of the highlights of the Mission Bay Adventure Package:
- 20 percent off Red Marlin (The Hyatt’s restaurant) and the SWIM Lounge and pool bar. (Maximum four people, does not apply to in-room dining, Einstein Bros. Bagels or alcoholic beverages)
- 20 percent off to the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Legoland or Wild Animal Park (Maximum four tickets for one attraction, cannot be combined with multiple attractions. Tickets must be purchased at the hotel.)
- Complimentary self-parking
Party On The Premises
But wait there’s more – in addition to the Mission Bay Adventure Package, vacationers who book their trip between March 17 and April 8, 2012 may take advantage of the hotel’s spring recreational activities. That means you can have fun without leaving the hotel. A few of the activities include:
- SeaWorld Character Visits: Interact and take photos with SeaWorld characters who pay a visit to the hotel property. (Perfect for the little ones.)
- Self-Guided Scavenger Hunts: Available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., with prizes given to those who successfully complete the hunt. (Perfect for those teenagers I was telling you about.)
- S’MORES by the fire: Pick up a few S’MORES kits from the SWIM Lounge and relax by one of the hotel’s two outdoor fire pits. (Perfect for the adults and the teenagers – until they get tired of hanging out with their parents.)
Attention Weekend Warriors
If you’re lucky to be at the hotel during the weekend, they have more activities on tap. Seriously, is it even necessary to leave the hotel? Check out what they have planned:
- Dock Walks: Guided tours around the Hyatt Marina to teach children about the local aquatic sea life in Mission Bay.
- Poolside Activities: Waterslide relay races, watermelon eating contests and water balloon tosses are held each weekend afternoon on the pool deck, perfect for children of all ages.
- Movie Night: Each Saturday at 7:30 p.m., Hyatt will show a different movie in the pool area that is complimentary to all hotel guests. Food and beverages available at the SWIM Lounge.
Hey, Easter Bunny!
If you’re planning on checking out the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina during the Easter holiday, they have a basket-full of activities to keep you busy:
- Taking pictures with the Easter Bunny
- Famous Easter Brunch offered at Red Marlin
- Classic egg hunt around the Cabana lawn
- Underwater egg hunt in the pools
- Egg decorating and various other arts and crafts
For your kids: The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa is located close to the sprawling and gorgeous Balboa Park, which is perfect for kids (and teens) of all ages. There are play areas and fountains for the younger ones, and the museums are fantastic – we saw an excellent DaVinci exhibit at the Air & Space Museum that my teenagers still talk about. The hotel is also near the famous Gaslamp District, which is great for daytime strolling with little kids, but the nighttime atmosphere can get a little rowdy – great for older teens and adults but a little too raucous for the younger set.
If You Go:
The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina
1441 Quivira Road,
San Diego, California, 92109
Tel: 619 224 1234
For more details on all activities and the Mission Bay Adventure Package, check with the hotel – a weekly activity guide and calendar of events with the dates, times and locations of each event will be distributed to guests upon hotel check-in and is also available at the concierge desk.
Photo: Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
Also find me at: Sweatpantsmom.com